My client is a technically advanced leader in its industry and renowned for the excellent service they deliver. The business offers stability and long-term development opportunities within a modern and interactive working environment. On their behalf, Inform Recruitment is recruiting a Trainee Electrical Design Engineer to design manufacturing and connection drawings for bespoke electrical systems and provide technical support to customers when required.
The role of Trainee Electrical Design Engineer is a fantastic opportunity to work within a highly technical environment and develop niche industry skills. You will report to the Head of Design and work closely with the technical team. Before starting the role, you will attend the company’s in-depth classroom-based product training.
This role suits an inquisitive and ambitious individual with a keen interest in design and is comfortable liaising with customers. It requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to concentrate and stay focused whilst managing and prioritising tasks.
As Trainee Electrical Design Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with clients requiring bespoke electrical solutions.
- Creating technically accurate job-specific functional requirement documents.
- Designing complex bespoke control panel drawings and test procedures, creating PLC programs where necessary.
- Supporting the production of complex electrical control panels by creating easy-to-read schematics.
- Offering expert technical advice where necessary.
- Providing technical telephone support to help customers.
- Diagnosing and resolving faults.
- Running cost analysis on production BOMs.
- Liaising with the purchasing team to source and approve commercially viable product alternatives.
- Liaising with the production department on bespoke design work, prototype test procedures and parts lists.
- Reviewing and completing modification requests.
- A formal electrical/ electronic engineering qualification – ideally a degree or equivalent.
- Knowledge of single and three-phase motors and controls.
- AutoCAD, SOLIDWORKS or similar.
- Practical experience in electrical control panel manufacturing, fault finding, and diagnostics on electrical control systems.
- PLC programming, ideally Boolean algebra.
- Frequency inverters.
- BS7671 Standard Requirements for Electrical Installations.
- An understanding of the EU Machinery Directive.
The business operates on a 40-hour week working Monday-Friday 8:30-5:00. There will be the requirement for occasional foreign travel.
After your probationary period, you will have an annual leave entitlement of 25 days + bank holidays. You will qualify for the company bonus scheme, life assurance, sick pay, and a 5% company pension. There is secure, free, on-site parking.