Inform Recruitment is supporting GfA UK Ltd – a leading supplier of door drive and control equipment. They have an enviable reputation for providing quality products, invaluable guidance on product selection, and outstanding after-sales service.
On GfA’s behalf, Inform Recruitment is recruiting a Technical Support Engineer to provide technical assistance relating to their products. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a secure and successful business that values its employees, recognises their hard work, and will provide career development and progression wherever possible. The team fosters a great working environment that is collaborative and supportive.
To fully equip you, your role will begin with in-depth classroom-based product training delivered on-site.
As Technical Support Engineer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Supporting field-based engineers over the phone who require technical advice and guidance with installations, fault-finding and repairs, taking 10-20 calls each day.
- Communicating with customers to resolve other technical matters.
- Delivering technical advice in a clear, concise and supportive manner.
- Liaising internally with colleagues to provide technical support to help meet customer requirements.
- Supporting your colleagues within the technical team by sharing ideas/technical knowledge.
- Developing your product knowledge and keeping up to date with technical advancements.
- Potentially assisting with the delivery of technical training internally and externally and being involved in other technical projects.
Requirements for this position:
- The ideal candidate will have technical ability gained from an electrical or mechanical engineering qualification, together with 12+ months of proven professional experience in repair, installation, assembly, or technical support work.
- Candidates without the relevant technical qualifications will be considered, providing they have substantial experience supporting customers with expert mechanical or electrical advice/knowledge.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- An empathetic and patient telephone manner to assist customers in time critical situations.
- Enthusiasm, commitment, curiosity, and the desire to learn.
Following your probation period, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Life assurance cover
- Employee assistance programme
- Company sick pay scheme
- Company sales-related bonus
- Cycle to work scheme
- Generous long service awards
- Funded social activities
- Free and secure on-site parking
- Monday to Friday, 8.30 am to 5:00 pm.
Should you have the necessary skills and experience for this position and would like to apply, please submit your up-to-date CV.